Saturday 19 March 2011

4 th week completed and to be honest I'm pretty knackered!

It's been pretty full on and the learning curve is still going up. I am now selecting patients from mainly minors, but also majors lists at my discretion and seeing them through to discharge or referal. I have done lots of wound closure and limb assessments but also enjoying the challenges of managing majors patients. A lot more time consuming than I had anticipated.

All patients are reviewed by consultants even if they don't see the patient ( which is happening more regularly). You really couldn't pay for the learning opportunity. I also am beginning to feel like I am actually contributing to the dept (even though I had a breach today :(. There are still some nurses and docs who I think are a bit resistant to the idea of paras/ ECPs working in ED but overall the support has been fantastic!

Learning points:

1. Anatomy
2. Anatomy
3. Anatomy
4. Biochemistry

No comments:

Post a Comment